This new book, written by Iain Young, Anne Butler and Heather Morning, sheds new light on the Cairngorms & North-East Scotland and includes:
- Full coverage of the Cairngorms and surrounding area
- Routes for 169 Munros, Corbetts, Grahams & other hills described
- Maps for almost every route and hill described in the book
- Chapters on long distance walks and passes through the mountains
- Insight into the flora, fauna, geology, stories, people and history of the area
- Sublime photography throughout
It’s a book for those wanting a deeper appreciation of this unique region of Scotland, encouraging enjoyment at a slower pace – a paean to the wonder of these mountains and their surrounding uplands, amongst whose nooks, crannies and sweeping plains newcomers and aficionados alike will find inspiration for journeys of all lengths and a bewitching sense of space and timelessness.
Route descriptions for all the listed and notable hills are accompanied by colour maps, and sublime imagery showcases the region in all its moods. With their unique climate, geology and habitats, these hills teem with the histories of countless bygone land dwellers, climbers, walkers and wildlife, and you will also find extensive insight and points of interest to deepen your understanding and appreciation of this remarkable corner of Scotland.