Wired Guides’ Scottish Rock Climbs showcases 1,760 of the very best trad and sport routes across Scotland, covering a wealth of climbing never before presented in a single volume. Its breadth and scope takes in the Galloway hills; the outcrops of the Central and North-West Highlands; the mountain ranges of Arran, the Cairngorms, Glen Coe, Lochaber, Torridon, Assynt and Sutherland; the sea-cliffs of the north-east and north-west coasts, the Hebrides and the Northern Isles; and historical urban test-pieces at Dumbarton. Each route is presented on a diagram and supported by detailed information which has been gathered and compiled by local activists. It’s the book you need to inspire a lifetime’s worth of rock climbing adventures in Scotland.
Key features –
- Scotland is covered in its entirety, at all levels of difficulty and with inspirational photography throughout.
- It presents the very best climbing that Scotland has to offer, both classic and less frequented venues.
- There are venues and diagrams included that have not yet appeared in a guidebook.
- Each route is on a diagram, with detail never before presented in a Scottish guidebook.
- Every venue has an accompanying map and detailed access information.
- Each section is based upon accurate and up-to-date information from local activists.
- Details of where to find further information in our comprehensive guidebooks are included.
- We’ve included top tips to get you away from the honeypot areas for some top-class Scottish climbing adventures.
The books complements the Wired guidebooks to Pembroke Rock, Lake District Rock, Northern Rock, Peak District Rock and Lakes Sport and Slate.